REfficient by Honours & Numbers
The largest Canadian owned and operated reuse/resale firm for the cable/telecom industry
Our customers are located in...
|100%||major Canadian cable/telecom service providers as clients|
|85%||repeat purchase rate of service providers|
|20-70%||savings reaped off of new channels|
|65,000+||products reused annually since 2014|
|20+||tonnes of carbon offset|
|1||overriding goal of REbillion – to divert one billion pounds from landfill|
Awards & Honours
- Certified B Corporation (since 2012)
- YWCA Hamilton Women of Distinction Award for Outstanding Workplace (2017)
- Best Sustainability Report award from Sustainable Hamilton Burlington Reporting Initiative (2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Environmentalist of the Year Award of Merit (2015)
- One of 131 companies globally named to the B Corp "Best for the World" List (2016)
- Sustainable Innovation award from Sustainable Hamilton Reporting Initiative (2014)
- One of 84 companies globally named to the B Corp "Best for the World" List (2014)
- One of 9 E-cycling Companies to Watch by GreenBiz (2014)
- One of 63 companies globally named to the B Corp "Best for the World" List (2013)
- Winner of 1Awards business competition (2013)
- Silver Winner, Lion's Lair (2012)
- REfficient CEO received distinctions as one of Hamilton's 40 Under 40 & McMaster University Arch Award for Outstanding Young Alumni (2012)
- Nominated for the "Greening the Supply Chain" award through Canadian Association of Importers & Exporters (2012 & 2011)
- Named as one of the top cleantech companies in the Technology Growth Initiative by the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs (2011)
- REfficient CEO has been the Canadian Technical Expert for reuse and recycling on the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) since 2008 and selected to represent Canada in both 2010 and 2011 at the IEC Young Professionals Forum
Specific REsults customers have seen
Regaining $4500 on Redundant Assets
A mid-sized company had purchased equipment that did not suit their needs well. Selling the assets to another business allowed them to generate approximately $4500 in return, far higher than they expected and would have received if they recycled them. The return was equivalent to $59/lb.
Saving over $30,000 on a Very Limited Budget
A small telecom company with an extremely limited budget needed infrastructure equipment for their network. By purchasing “RE”, they saved over $30,000 than buying it new – an expense which would not have been possible. They also saved an additional 20% through REsource, including delivery to the door, saving them time.
Sourcing Never-Used “RE” Equipment & Saving 33%
A cable installer contractor purchased brand new, never used cable that had been surplus to a distributor. The contractor was able to save 33% of the purchase price – something which never goes on sale. The savings went back into his pocket.
Turning Obsolescence into Financial and CSR Value
Equipment which was obsolete for a large company was salvaged for reuse. By recouping the assets, cleaning and reselling them to another company that could use the units, the company received $4000 back and diverted 12.5 metric tonnes from recycling and landfill. They are using such numbers in their Global Reporting Initiative reporting to demonstrate their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
What Our Customers Have to Say About Us
My dealings with REfficient were excellent. You vaulted yourselves to the top of my “go-to” list when there is something I need to source or sell. It makes my life a lot easier!
I have nothing but good things to say about REfficient. I received great quality products from them at great prices. They have an excellent customer service throughout the purchasing process. I'm a repeat customer and I definitely plan on returning to them for any future purchases for my company.
I wanted to let you know that everything arrived here and tested out good from our deal. I am very pleased with this transaction. I look forward to doing future business through REfficient.
REfficient has been a great resource for Total Cable. We have been able to save time and money by sourcing equipment through their REsource service. It works!